I first started blogging when I was only sixteen years old and it’s crazy to think that almost five years have already gone by! I’ve changed quite a bit since 2010 so I thought I’d make a list with twenty-one fairly random things about myself as a sort of re-introduction.
Here we go!
1. Hello, my name is Katie Marie.
2. I’m twenty-one years old.
3. I’m from a small farming town in the Midwest.
4. I’m a total introvert.
5. I have the absolute sweetest dog named Max.
6. I love reading! Books are such an amazing escape and I adore getting swept up into new stories.
7. One of my hobbies is painting. I love creating mixed media pieces on canvas!
8. I want to learn more about photography. I really enjoy taking photos, but I definitely want to understand what my camera can fully do. I also want to learn about composition and editing too!
9. Whether it’s the good or the not-so-good times, I love being able to document and look back at my life through photos, journaling and my artwork.
10. I love organizing! From color coordinating my books to organizing my weekly tasks, I love knowing that at least some parts of my life are in order.
11. I keep a journal. I'm not always super consistent with writing in it, but I'd say a good chunk of my thoughts get written down on paper.
12. Even though my hand writing is pretty hard to read, I love the feeling of pen on paper.
13. I love quotes! I keep track of my favorite ones in my journal or on my ginormous pink chalkboard wall.
14. I have a horrible memory for the little things, like where I just put something and other random everyday things.
15. I currently have one tattoo and definitely plan on getting more.
16. I love driving! Just the feeling of having the windows down and music up is really therapeutic to me.
18. My current television obsessions are The Office, Once Upon A Time, Ghost Adventures, The Mindy Project, Scrubs, Reign, and Supernatural.
19. My mom and I are totally in love with the Marvel superhero movies. Iron Man/Tony Stark is our favorite!
20. I have a pretty diverse taste in music, but lately you probably wouldn't notice because I've been listening to Christmas music non-stop!
21. I’m currently attending college to become a children’s librarian. I really can't wait to share my passion of literature with others and I hope to incorporate art with children's library programs too!